Spring 2020 Pass-Fail Policy
Undergraduate & School of Continuing Education
These regulations reflect thoughtful consideration for the special circumstances pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the Spring 2020 semester only.
For all students, regardless of whether the P/F option is exercised, a notation will be placed on the academic transcript for the Spring 2020 semester.
Beginning Thursday, May 14th at 12:00, noon EST students will be able to view all of their grades and semester and cumulative credits and grade point averages in CyberFriar.
All undergraduate (UG) and School of Continuing Education (SCE) students may elect a ‘P’ (Pass) grade for any and all undergraduate courses with a standard letter grade of ‘D-’ or higher to meet the following requirements.
- Core/Proficiencies, including-
- Development of Western Civilization (UG)
- Perspectives on Western Civilization (SCE)
- Major (note exceptions in FAQs)
- Minor (UG)
- Free electives
Students should read the FAQs provided carefully and should consult with their academic advisor and/or others as changing grade options may have implications.
Within these established timeframes only, students should complete one form electing their Pass option(s) for any or all of their courses:
- UG Class of 2020 & Graduating SCE Students can no longer opt for the Pass Grade. Their option expired on May 20th.
- All Other UG and SCE Class Years – May 21st through June 1st
Once the Pass option is exercised, students will not be able to change back to a letter grade.