Cross Enrollment Procedures
Juniors and Seniors may, with sufficient academic justification and the expressed written consent of the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, elect to take a maximum of one course per semester at another accredited institution of higher education. This option may be exercised only under the following conditions:
- The total credit hours accumulated per semester normally shall not exceed 15.
- The course must be justified academically as a reasonable extension of the student’s academic program. Students must obtain written permission from their academic department chair or program director and then must seek final approval from the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies prior to enrollment.
- The course may not be offered by Providence College in any of its several divisions (Undergraduate, Graduate, or School of Continuing Education).
- The full tuition must be paid to Providence College and any cost incurred beyond the current cost per credit charge of Providence College must be borne by the student. No refund will be granted should the cost per credit be less than that charged by Providence College.
- Students must be in good academic standing and, in the judgment of the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, suitably prepared to profit academically from this experience.
- Students are not permitted to enroll in non-credit courses for cross-enrollment.