Replacement Diploma Information
Thank you for your inquiry requesting a replacement diploma. We are pleased to provide you with this service under the following conditions:
- The original diploma format, if different from the format currently being used by the college, cannot be duplicated. The replacement diploma you will receive will be similar to that awarded to the current year’s graduating class.
- We use the signatures of the officials currently holding office rather than the signatures of the officials who signed your original diploma. Your name on the replacement diploma will be determined by the Commencement Program published for your graduating class. The replacement diploma should reach you within six to eight weeks.
- To have a different name appear on the replacement diploma, a legal name change notification is required, usually a copy of a court document. In this case, the original diploma must be returned before the replacement is issued.
Diplomas may be ordered through written request and should contain the following information:
- Current Name (First, Middle, Last)
- Any Other Name(s) you held while attending (ex: Maiden Name)
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Year of Graduation
- Specify Degree or Certificate Awarded (e.g., BA, BS, MA, MEd., Ph.D.)
- Address to which Replacement Diploma is to be Mailed
Note: The fee for a replacement diploma is $25.00, please send a check payable to Providence College.